Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!!
Now, I know you’re excited because blogging really is awesome, but it can also be extremely overwhelming.
That’s why we’ve created this wonderful page for you to remove the overwhelm and guide you through all of the obstacles of blogging, but first there is something important that you must know.
We blog to make money.
We don’t blog as a hobby. We treat blogging as a business because it allows us to help more people and so I’m going to assume that you’re here because you’re interested in blogging to make money.
But why do we love blogging so much?
Because it gets the job done.
But what’s the job?
Every successful online business follows a specific framework to success. No online business strays from this framework.
What is it?
The Pocket Business Framework.
It’s pretty simple.
- Get the Hero to notice you
- Get the Hero to pay attention to you
- Get the Hero to trust you
- Convert that trust into money
The Hero is your audience. If you can follow that framework you will make a lot of money online.
And a blog can help with all of those things.
1. Get them to notice you.
You can pull people in with a great blog post title. How often are you scrolling through social media, see a headline catch your eye, and click on it?
How often do you search for something on Google and you click on the first result because it is there?
A lot of times those clicks are going to send you to a blog.
2. Get them to pay attention to you.
Now that you have someone on your blog you have to make sure that you keep their attention by writing killer content.
When your content gives the reader exactly what they were looking for then they will pay attention to you.
As they see that you also have other pieces of wonderful content on your site they’ll continue to explore which means you’ve kept their attention.
3. Get them to trust you.
How do you build trust online?
You help people.
That’s really what blogging is all about. The more you can help people, the more they will trust you.
This trust then leads to making money.
You can continue to build trust by building up your mailing list and sending emails that people love.
4. Convert that trust into money.
This is why you’re here right? To make money!
When people trust you then selling no longer feels like selling. You aren’t trying to overpromise on things that you can’t deliver.
You’re simply letting the person know that you have something that will help them even further.
But what about ads? Don’t worry, you can still make money with those, but it takes time to build up traffic and we don’t see any reason why you should wait to do that.
My Blog Journey
My blog journey is a long one. Really it’s too long for this page, but I think it will give you a great idea of the ups and downs that happen in blogging.
I’d give it a read it you really want to understand what it takes to build a successful blog.
Can You Make Money Blogging?
This is the big question right and if you’re here then you know the answer for everyone else.
Every single business that we start begins with a blog as its foundation.
I’ve already explained why that is with the Pocket Business Framework.
But the real question is can YOU make money blogging and the answer is yes.
Blogging is not just for a certain type of person. If you’re willing to put in the work, follow the right steps, then you can make money blogging.
Look at the different types of blog businesses that we have:
You can’t tell me that you can’t create something similar. I’m not talking about the site designs or the technology.
I’m talking about the content. Give yourself enough time then what limits do you really have?
7 Reasons Why Blogging Is Great
But if you’re still not convinced as to why blogging is great let me give you some more reason.
1. You can do it at your own pace
With building a blog business there are no deadlines. You go at your own pace.
Does this mean you’ll have the patience to wait for success?
Maybe, maybe not. But that’s going to depend on you.
However, you won’t have to get that blog post out today if you don’t want to get it out today.
Growing a blog is similar to growing a forest. Everyday you plant seeds and you keep moving forward.
At some point you look back and you see these giant trees growing behind you.
2. It’s inexpensive
Having the idea to start a business can usually begin with a simple question:
How much will this cost?
At the bare minimum you want your own domain and some web hosting.
You don’t NEED to buy a premium theme.
You don’t NEED to buy fancy plugins.
Just you and your blog. That’s it.
3. You Learn as You Go
Blogging isn’t something where you need to learn everything upfront.
You learn as you go and you continue to build a stronger and higher foundation.
Once you get your blog installed you can begin publishing content, but guess what?
You don’t need a blog to start writing.
4. There Are Unlimited Niches
There aren’t just a couple of blog niches that you can make money in. There are thousands of blog niches out there waiting for you.
I like to say there is an infinite number but people never believe me when I say that so I lowered the number to “thousands”.
5. It Creates Opportunties
This is kind of the unspoken benefit of blogging but it’s a huge benefit.
When you write awesome content that helps people then you’ll find that more people want to work with you.
This opens the doors to possibilities that you didn’t even imagine before.
You might find that bigger companies want to sponsor you or other bloggers want to collab.
Blogging helps to introduce you to the world and show that you’re someone that others should work with.
6. Multiple Revenue Streams
I’ll admit that this is the fun one.
Because your blog is the marketing department of your business, you’re given the opportunity to make money in a number of different ways.
This is why when you ask how much do bloggers make, you also need to ask how many different revenue streams do they have?
For example, here is just a sample of the different ways that your blog can help you make money:
- affiliate marketing
- selling offers
- selling services
- social media manager
- virtual assistant
- sponsored posts
- online events
- physical products
The list really does go on and on.
7. You Continue to Learn
For me this is the greatest thing about blogging.
I think the best way to learn is to explain things to others and when you write a blog post you have to explain something.
That means that every time I write a blog post I’m actually just blogging to learn myself because if I can’t explain it well enough that my audience can understand it then it’s not going to be a very good blog post.
Or sometimes I’ll create a really detailed free Workshop, like this one:
Watch the FREE 6-Figure Blogging Master Workshop
Learn the strategies that I’m teaching a new set of bloggers to help them reach 6-figures a year with their blog business.
All Blogging Articles
With all of this talk on blogging you would think that we know a thing or two.
Well thankfully we do and we’re happy to share our knowledge, experience, and frustrations about blogging with you.
Here are all of our blogging articles. Each one serves a purpose and none of them will be a waste of time.
Getting Started With Your Blog
- What Is a Blog and Why You Should Start One Today
- What Does a Blogger Do and Why You Should Be One
- Is Blogging Worth It or a Complete Waste of Time?
- 403+ Great Blog Niche Ideas That Make Money
- How to Start a Blog: A Simple 10-Step Plan for Blog Success
- How Much Does It Cost to Start a Blog?
- How to Create a Blog That People Will Read
- How Long Does It Take to Create a Blog?
- The Best Way to Learn Blogging
- A Simple Guide on How to Create a Successful Blog Overnight
- 15 Major Blogging Mistakes That Are Killing the Growth of Your Business
- Blogging Made Easy: 4 Simple Steps to Follow
- Blogging Basics Every Successful Blogger Should Know
- How to Create a Blog Business Plan
- Why You Should Consider Blogging as a Business From Home
- The Story of a Woman Who Learned How to Start a Blog for Cheap
- How to Build a Successful Blog While Working Full-Time
Writing Blog Posts
- How to Find Blog Post Ideas That Will Get You More Traffic
- How to Write a Blog Post
- The 4 Types of Blog Posts That People Actually Read
- The Simple Formula We Use to Write Blog Post Titles That Are Irresistible
- Blogging Daily: Should You Even Bother?
- Your Blog Post Checklist
Making Money With Your Blog
- Do Blogs Make Money Anymore?
- How to Make Money Blogging: the Ultimate Guide to Dream Living
- How to Make a Full-Time Income Blogging
- Becoming a Full-Time Blogger: 13 Things You Need to Know
- Alternative to Blogging: Your 3 Best Bets
- Blogging Bullshit: Why Do Bloggers Keep Lying About Money?
- Seriously Smart Blogging Tips That Will Help You Make Money
- Blogging Away Debt: Is It Really Possible or Should You Just Get Another Job?
- Affiliate Marketing for Bloggers: The Only Guide You Need
Promoting Your Blog
- How to Grow Your Blog Fast: 9 Easy Things to Do
- How to Get More Blog Traffic: a 4-Step Plan for Any Blogger
- How to Market a Blog for Free: 10 Ways that Works
- Blogging Daily Checklist: 4 Things to Do Everyday to Grow Your Blog
Types of Blogs
- The 100 Best Blogs You Should Keep an Eye On
- How to Start a Lifestyle Blog and Make Money
- The Best Blogging Platform for Students to Learn and Make Money
- How to Create a Book Review Blog that Actually Makes Money in 5 Steps
- Blogging About Your Life and Making Money
- Blogging Anonymously: How to Do it & Make Money at the Same Time
- Blogging About Mental Health: Should You Bother?
- How to Start a Truly Successful Food Blog (Empire)
- How to Start a Mom Blog and Actually Make Money
Case Studies and Income Reports
- Bogoten’s Blogging Case Study: 75,000 Pageviews a Month. Was It Worth It?
- Income Report: October 2020 – $1,482.85
- Blogging Is Dead. Blogging Is Back.
- Do People Still Read Blogs?
- How Much Money Do Bloggers Make?
- What You Need to Look For in a Blogging Course
- How to Establish a Blogging Routine So You Get More Done
- Blogging Best Practices
- The 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is So Damn Hard
- The Big Blog Scam
- 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Important for Your Business